Friday, August 27, 2010

What is Safe? What's Not?

Argh!  There are too many options for baby gear out there!  And how do we know what is safe and what is not?  Seems like they shouldn't be able to market things that are unsafe, right?  Sheesh.


For a while I wanted to try a baby sling/wrap.  Then I read that they aren't safe for babies.  So I was over it.  Then I read that only some were recalled and slings are safe to use as long as baby is secure and her chin is not down into her chest, or her face isn't completely covered by fabric.  Sigh...


Now I'm thinking about it again and looking at some different ones.  We got a Baby Bjorn already and I think it will be great for Daddy to use, but the sling seems like it would be more comfortable for me to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.